Thursday 17 April 2014

Easter Chicks

Good afternoon everyone

I hope everyone is looking forward to the Easter weekend, unfortunately, I am working most of it.  Do have Sunday off as we don't open on Easter Sunday.  I don't know about you, but I think that every Sunday should be left as a family day and shops shouldn't be allowed to open.

Anyway, today I have made an Easter themed card in pinks and yellows.


I have started with a square piece of patterned digital paper and layered this onto pink card stock leaving a little border around the outside.

Next, using the Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders Two, I have cut a border into the top and bottom of pink card stock.  Again, using the same die set, I have cut a border into the top and bottom white card stock.  This has then been embossed using the Die'sire Embossalicious Ornate Butteries embossing folder.  Soft colour has been added using the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Mustard Seed ink pad.

These two panels have been layered together and placed onto the background.


I have then cut out two circles, one in pink and white in white, using a Spellbinders circle die.  The same ink pad has been used to add colour to the white circle.

The digital stamp is from Sassy Studio Designs.  I have coloured her in using ProMarkers, cut her out and layered her onto the circles using Pinflair glue to give dimension.

Tiny pink flat back gemstones have been added in groups of three to give a little bling.


The flower has been made using the Spellbinders D-Lites Blooms Three.  I have cut one large and one small petal from yellow Centura Pearl and one centre from pink card stock.  These have been shaped and layered together to form the flower.

The foliage around the flower has been made using the Spellbinders D-Lites Corner Sprigs.  I have cut about six of these from pink card stock and layered them around the flower.


To finish the card, I have added a small cut from the same pink card, using the Memory Box Pippi Butterfly die.  Matching tiny gemstones have been added to the centre of the butterfly.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Jo's Scrap Shack - Happy Easter
Sketch Saturday - Sketch
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Spring Blossoms
QKR Stampede - Easter
Crafting From The Heart - Anything Goes / Use Yellow
Eureka Stamps - Happy Easter
Scrap Creations - Easter
Craft Your Passion Challenges - Bunnies, Chicks And Eggs
Passion For ProMarkers - All Creatures Great And Small
Alphabet Challenge Blog - E For Easter
Jellypark Challenges - Happy Easter
Craftin Desert Diva's - Colour Inspiration
Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - It's Easter (Digi is more then 6 months old)
Just For Fun - Easter

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment